Contact us for a FREE quote!
Contact us for a FREE quote!
The most important decision to make about new door hardware is what works best for you and your family's needs. You do not have to spend a fortune on hardware to get the security or features you are looking for. From simple door locks and reinforced strikes, to a high security, key restricted system or electronic locks to allow children access without the need of a house key. Douglas Home Repairs can assist with choosing what is best for your situation and installing it all on your home.
* Replacing the door hardware is one of the easiest and most cost effective way of updating your home.
* Not all locks are the same. Some are of all metal construction and may last longer without fail, and some have a great deal of plastic parts.
*There are locks designed specifically for your home and others that are for commercial applications. Under normal circumstances, they are not interchangeable.
* The locks installed when a home is new, are typically the least expensive hardware the builder can purchase to put on that home.
* Home supply stores sell both, and generally the person working in that department, that day has no real idea what is the best lock for you and your home.
* Normally, the locks purchased only come with basic security features and require a reinforced strike to adequately secure the door. This is an often overlooked security measure.
* Douglas Home Repairs has many years of valuable experience in this area. Let us help you pick what is best for you, your family and your valuables.
Door knobs, levers and handles are available in many shapes and colors. Knobs and levers offer you the ability to simply latch a door to a closet, offer privacy in a bathroom or require a key to open. The right knob or lever in the right location can make all the difference. Whereas handles are almost exclusively found on front doors. While they typically offer no locking feature of their own, handle are paired with a deadbolt for locking the doors.
The deadbolt lock on your doors is at the center of any new lock installation. The deadbolt is where the real security starts. This They provide the strength needed to help prevent would-be criminals from getting through that door, without greater effort. They should always be paired with a reinforced strike to prevent the jamb of the door breaking under pressure.
Keypad deadbolts offer the same security as traditional deadbolts, but with convenience of not requiring a key to open. These are perfect for children to use after school or for you to use while out jogging, walking or taking your pet for a trot around the block. The addition of a reinforced strike is still highly recommended.
If you have read everything posted above, you have by no doubt have noticed the mention of reinforced strikes. Installing reinforced strikes on all exterior doors will not only prevent the door frame from breaking easily, they also greatly reduce the chance of anyone forcefully gaining access through those doors. Did you know that normal strikes are installed into the frame using screws that are only 3/4 inch long? Reinforced strikes are designed to go at least 3 inches deep, into the wood behind your door frame.
Any high security system will require an in home consultation. We will go over every aspect of the system, from the brand and style, to the number of keys required. All high security system will use a non standard key, that cannot be duplicated by any store or shop. Douglas Home Repairs has access to several different high security systems.
Douglas Home Repairs
Copyright © 2022 Douglas Home Repairs - All Rights Reserved.