Contact us for a FREE quote!
Contact us for a FREE quote!
Your home's exterior is the first thing potential buyers will see.
* Caulk and touch-up trim paint on window frames, doors, trim, etc.
* If your lawn is lifeless, a little fertilizer and water will do wonders to get it green again.
* Cut back overgrown shrubs or trees, and add ground covering or seasonal flowers for color.
* Remove clutter, repair downspouts, shutters, landscape edging or any missing boards.
* Replace any missing or broken shingles, and patch any small areas that could become a leak.
* Clean the driveway, sidewalk and walkway of any stains or other markings.
* Fences should have all pickets, stand up straight be stained or painted.
* Wash all windows and glass inside and out.
* Have a professional exterminator perform an insect and rodent inspection.
* Clean your home from top to bottom, and remove any knick-knacks or items that can clutter.
* Put all valuable items in a safe or secure place.
* Repair any cracks, holes or damage on walls or ceilings and paint to match area.
* All doors should be clean and touched up if needed. Lubricate any squeaky doors or windows.
* Rooms should be painted white or in neutral tones. Buyers may not have the same tastes.
* Clean all floors well. Stain treat and steam clean all carpets. Vacuum before every showing.
* Fireplaces should be clean, usable and tiles in good condition. Install new grate if using wood.
* Deodorize or Febreze each room and all closets before each showing.
* Remove any out of season or seldom worn clothing from closets. It makes them appear small.
* Colorful plants and flowers liven up a room and add a splash of color to the interior spaces.
The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in the house, to potential buyers.
* Keep the counters clean and clear of any small appliances.
* All small appliances should be clean and neatly stored.
* All dishes need to be clean and placed in cabinets, not the dishwasher.
* Clean any fans, lights and range hood.
* Faucets, disposal and under sink plumbing should all be in working order with no leaks.
* All bathroom appliances should be clean and neatly stored.
* Remove stains from sinks, toilets, bathtubs or showers. Replacement my be required.
* Unclog and deodorize sinks to remove odors. Replace stopper if missing.
* Replace old caulking around sinks, bathtubs or showers.
* Close all toilet lids, and keep them closed.
* Repair or replace leaky faucets. Make sure there are no water leaks or damage under sink.
* Clean all mirrors and fixtures. If they are supposed to shine, they should shine.
* Make certain that clean and fresh towels are neatly displayed in each bathroom.
* Remove any clutter or unused items. Remove anything stored on shelves or in closets.
* Family heirlooms that you are taking, can be neatly stored in boxes along the walls.
* Remove any oil stains and pressure wash if other stains are present or can't be removed.
* Remove any cobwebs and sweep the floor so there is no build up of dirt or dust.
* If there is an attic, make sure it is clean and in good condition. Remove large items or boxes.
HOME STAGING TIPS
* Open all window coverings to let in as much natural light as possible.
* Dust, mop and vacuum the entire house. Lightly clean and straighten up living areas.
* Make all beds. You want to keep furniture in the home to give spatial reference to a room.
* All household and children's items should be stored away. Bikes, toys, etc.
* Make certain all TVs are off. Play some soft music at a low volume.
* Make plans for all family members to be away from the home while it is being shown.
* Have pets stay with a neighbor or relative during showings. Also, keep pet areas clean.
* Your agent may request to serve refreshments. If not, you may suggest this.
* Stay out of the agent's way. Let them earn their commissions and sell the house for you.
* Do not give private showings to drive ups. Refer them to you agent for a scheduled visit.
* Notify your agent if you plan to be gone or out of town. This is a perfect time for an open house or multiple showings.
AND MOST IMPORTANLY OF ALL: Contact Douglas Home Repairs to assist you in getting your home ready to hit the market.
Douglas Home Repairs
Copyright © 2022 Douglas Home Repairs - All Rights Reserved.